again today. Our dd spent about 4 days in the principals office last semester, mostly because she was bullied by 3 girls and scared to death to go to class. Eventually, she went to class. Now, she has had 2 weeks off, and back to scared to death to go to school again. I was able to get her into school, but when I left her in the principals office, she lost it. Total anxiety, separation anxiety too. The problem is, they just see a behavioral case, strong willed, stubborn child. She is on Zoloft for anxiety, which we were weaning her from thinking she didn't need it (wrong). Any advice from you who have anxious ones? Our dd pediatrician, really wants us to switch dd to another school that is much smaller class size. Currently, her school is huge, and dd has been anxious ever since she started there last May.
I have been reading so many great posts regarding how to best help our child. We do have our dd doing a shadow day next week at a different school, praying it will be a better fit. But who knows, if our dd's current school tells them about today, maybe they won't let her.
So, what have you done for your anxious kiddos? What has worked and what hasn't? By the way, she is only anxious about school, nothing else. Thanks.