Thanks, friends. It does help to know that my "sloppy perfectionism" and the feeling that I'm fluctuating between more- and less-organized homeschool styles is pretty normal. Of course I know intellectually that there's no "right" way to homeschool, but then I have this friend who has her whole year researched and planned by the beginning of August, and I read this blog about planning the whole year in advance--complete with comprehension questions and science experiements...and I start to feel a little inadequate!

Too much time to think is obviously not a good thing for me. I am laughing at myself for being all insecure for my *2nd* year of homeschooling. I didn't worry at all about any of this last year. I had no time to plan and research, so I figured that if he learned anything, it was more than he'd have learned in public school. I felt comfortable setting the bar really low for myself, because even those low expectations were more than DS had been getting. But this summer, with the luxury of time, I was making myself a little crazy, I think.

Better now! smile

(BTW, I love your responses, Erica! Respond early and often, if you please! laugh )

Kriston