To be honest, Dazey, I haven't been wild about the pre-packaged units I've seen online. They tend to be either too easy or too craft-oriented. Real art that involves creativity and design, I like. But I tend to hate and despise pre-made, adult-designed craft projects that only require kids to cut on the dotted lines and paste as directed. They always seem like time-wasters for kids to me. What exactly do they get out of them that they couldn't get out of drawing something of their own?

Anyway, I came to the conclusion that I'm probably going to have to go it mostly alone. I have some resouces that I plan to use for the units, naturally. But even in homeschooling, that old HG+ dilemma of asynchronous development crops up and makes a lot of the stuff that's out there pretty useless. Plus the library is free, and a lot of the pre-packaged unit studies charge for their use. So mostly I plan to raid the library, much as I did this past year. I just plan to do it with a bit more rhyme and reason than I used before!

I'm glad you asked about the Lego Mindstorms kit. Where does one get one of those? That kit was part of my current plan, actually, since I'd heard about it earlier this year and it sounds perfect. But I don't know if you just go to Target or wherever and buy one, if you get them online from specialty suppliers, or if there's some other source required. I'd be grateful for help on that one! Thanks!

And Dottie, you're a goof! laugh So your private school had robots in ancient Greece? confused (LOL!)

Kriston