Originally Posted by geofizz
Second, when a teacher is asking for strategies, she's not asking you to go google for attention strategies, but asking for what you do at home to accommodate. Do you set a timer? Do you give a check list? The teacher has seen dozens of lists of strategies. If you don't use any of the strategies, but have to guess what might work in the classroom, I suspect that's not what she's going for.

Oh, I see. Yeah, that's part of the problem we don't really have those problems at home. He made a checklist for himself so he wouldn't forget anything in morning. He doesn't voluntarily do his homework usually but once I tell him to he does ... not sure if that is normal. He stays on task for his work at home. He seems okay in chess club and mathnasium - I have talked with both instructors and have observed him. I do have to prompt him/remind a little, like I'll ask "Did you do ...." run down the morning/evening routine list. Usually he's done all of it. I don't know. He's my oldest so not sure how normal that is... But he does his routines pretty well I think. However, he doesn't really have any routine chores. I ask him to clean up his mess and he does... He is in charge of clearing his place from the table and he almost always does it. And tidying up after bath (hang his towel, etc) and he does. He does his homework without me standing over him but it's not a lot so ...

Last edited by Irena; 12/23/13 07:28 PM.