Thanks so much Indigo!

Well, as you may remember, I already have an IQ test and report from a neuropsych. I wanted to bring him back to that neuropsych to finish the achievement testing because we just had run out of time and energy at the inital testing for any more than a few subtests. But it will cost a lot (about $650). The full service corp wants $600.

And then there is this homeschool woman. She advertises that she can "administer and evaluate the Woodcock Johnson III Tests of Achievement." She said she'd only charge $55 since I just want Reading and Math. We talked about his special needs and I did mention that he is also bright with a relatively high IQ. We discussed his writing disability, the accomodatiosn he gets at school.

I think I really just need scores with percentiles and grade level equivalents, no?

Just for some further info, I want them for a few reasons:

(1) just to see for myself when DS is in those areas right now b/c he seems pretty high above grade level in those areas - so just for my own curiosity and get a better picture (I also want to see if he is going up and how much from last year);

(2) I will also submit them to the ADHD center if/when I proceed with the eval for adhd - just so they have a good picture of not only his IQ and his struggles but of his achievement in relation to his IQ as well (I think that is important when considering how to proceed with ADHD treatment, no?); and,

(3) perhaps if it's high enough to apply for DYS (I can't remember - does one need two qualifying achievement scores plus IQ or just one qualifying achievement score plus IQ?)

I know when the school psych gave him the WJIII Achievment Tests last year she didn't give a big report on them, just listed the scores and grade level equivalents.

In terms of either being familiar with twice exceptional, no one seems to be very knowledgeable about that around here (unless they cost a bundle) so I give up!

Last edited by Irena; 12/20/13 09:31 PM.