So I am calling around for costs of achievement and one place is a corporation that offers all different types of psych-educational testing as well as tutoring and coaching. They want about $600 to give DS WJIII Reading and Math.

I called a woman who lives in my area who advertises that she was a Special Ed. Teacher (10 yrs) and is a homeschool evaluator (K-12) She says she is an evaluator for several diploma agencies including PHAA, Mason-Dixon, Erie Co. and Susquehanna Co., a Notary Public, and that can administer standardized tests, including the Woodcock-Johnson III Tests of Achievement (among others) She quoted me a price of $55.

The price difference is so jarring it kind of makes me nervous aboout... The first place is a business and incorporated and has eduational psychs on staff. So I know they are credible but so expensive! Anyone know what I should look for on terms of making sure the homeschool evaluator is legit and credible, etc? I found her name on a local homeschool website.