My son is in a Title 1 school with about 400 students - he is a young 10 (turned 10 in June) in 5th grade. (he does go to 6th grade math). This year, so far, he is the only identified gifted child in the once a week pull-out. They do have a couple of other kids in there to keep him company who haven't been tested. Honestly, I don't know "how" gifted my son is. I am still in denial that he is gifted, as opposed to a "high achiever". We chose not to put him in the gifted magnet school in 2nd grade - but next year, he will, hopefully, be in the new gifted middle school program. I'll be interested to see what the other kids who make the new program are like - and how he compares to them. The school he is currently at have been wonderfully accomodating to him - and he has always been the smartest kid in the school - but, again - I honesty don't know how he compares to others. I do not believe he is PG - but where he falls - I don't know. I DO think that many parents will be trying really hard to get their high achieving kids into the new program - can't wait to see how it all plays out !!