My DD14 will turn 15 within a few days of her high school graduation-- we expect that she will graduate in the top 0.1% of her graduating class.

So that's the background-- she has NOT been accelerated to her intellectual capacity by any stretch of the imagination, but she HAS been accelerated to the limits of her social skills and we've pushed the envelope HARD on executive function development.

It's really a trio of considerations that you have to consider and it shifts under you as they get older.

My DD is risk-averse and always has been. While that sounds like a good thing, and it mostly IS, it also means that she comes off socially as aloof or painfully shy. It also tends to come with perfectionism as part of the package bargain-- inwardly directed, I mean; so socially-prescribed perfectionism is a serious risk and she's fallen prey to it.

She is introverted but HIGHLY socially skilled, so she gets on just fine with people of all ages, and is highly adaptable.

She will start Uni at 15yo as a regular admit next fall. What she will NOT be doing is living in the dorms. She will also be housed in an "honors college" (we hope, anyway-- still waiting on admission info for early decision).

This means two things-- she can still live at "home" with a parent for a few more years, and she will have a peer cohort which is mostly the goody-two-shoes kids who are not as prone to hard-core partying, or socializing that revolves around drugs or alcohol.

Those things WILL be present in a collegiate environment. My DD has grown up in a college town, so she's not unaware of what that is, and how to remain a bit distanced from it. She mostly makes friends with the goody-goody nerdy kids anyway.

Does any of that help?

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.