My dd8 is in third grade at school and has been accelerated one year in math since 1st grade. Her COGAT score in math was 99%.
I think she is bright, lazy, and lacks the organization skills that she needs to do well in math. Plus, I think that her confidence is low, she is in a classroom full of the brightest kids in our city. I know I would lack confidence in that situation too!

DD's math teacher just emailed to ask us for a conference to discuss her progress. Her teacher is lovely and wonderful and wants her to do well.

Any ideas on how to best support a child who feels like she cannot do well in math? I put in an email to the gifted teacher at the high school level here in town to see if he had a student who might like to tutor math to dd. DH thinks that we should just have a family math time at 6pm each evening.

I am at a loss. Bright girl but failing! I don't want to pull her back into 3rd grade math, I worry about her self esteem further plummeting. I just want to help her build confidence.

FTR, her school uses Every Day Math. Dreadful!