Originally Posted by Sweetie
You guys are scaring me. I can't wrap my head around accelerating my ds another grade. Hoping that one and done is enough for him.

I get scared every time I read one of these threads. The reality for my son is that he will probably get zero skips and precious little else unless I can come up with a way to home school. His teacher this year says he needs extension but the bit of paper saying he is gifted doesn't mean anything. He gets to do the harder stuff with one girl after the easy stuff and is getting quite big headed about his maths ability (although he does admit he is not the best always - he will say y did this better or x got more right in this test). I have got him into the private one day a week differentiation programme (with a big subsidy) and the teacher says as will enjoy it but he is not convinced it is worthwhile.

Eta. I got Sidetracked. As a previous poster said the teacher might be a "think of all the problems and then get on with it" kind of person - I am and it can really annoy people. Just keep an eye on things and have a plan B.

Last edited by puffin; 11/02/13 02:55 PM.