Originally Posted by NikiHarp
He does not like to write. Ever. Yesterday and today he was asked to write facts about apples in reading, facts about bats in science and facts about sharks in his gifted class.

I'd suggest an experiment (or have the teachers do it) - ask him to write facts about "x" then repeat but offer to scribe for him (he tells you exactly what to write). This was one of the accommodations that came out of his report and it made a huge difference for us. He is still encouraged to work on his writing and we don't always scribe but it was great for getting things started and allowed him to get credit for what he knew not just what he could put on paper. His writing is now coming along so we don't do it as much as we did last year but last year it was key to keeping school from being a complete disaster.

Originally Posted by NikiHarp
I want it to be clean and easy. If it's ADHD, fine. Let's deal with it and move on. Obviously, that's not the way this works. I'm tired and I feel the journey has just begun.

I can totally relate. Take a deep breath. Last year was exhausting for us but we eventually managed to figure a few things out, advocated and got a FANTASTIC teacher this year and it has been much better. There is hope. I know we're likely not done but I'm enjoying the calm while I can. Hopefully, you're school will be amazing and help you sort out a better path for him soon.