there is scant reason for the school or district not building these requirements into the schedule proactively, rather than considering it an ad-hoc program of pulling kids from classes if it happens to work with the schedule.

We have already suggested revamping the entire school's schedule. It's not going to happen. Two issues: 1. the people who created this charter school have a fundamental opposition to singling out children for any reason. I don't want to write about the specific group that opened this school. But they have a philosophical problem with gifted ed. They also have a problem with kids at the other end of the spectrum. Yes, federal law mandates that they have to meet disabled children's needs. But they don't, hence the other kid in my son's school who is partially homeschooling. 2. there is no state mandate for gifted ed. There is simply nothing that they MUST do for gifted ed. And each grade has a waiting list of hundreds of kids. If I want to pull my kid out, his spot will be taken in about 5 minutes.

Last edited by somewhereonearth; 10/19/13 05:30 PM.