IMO your child's struggles need the help of someone who can perform a neuropsych eval and who understands giftedness. Tapping into your local GT community might reveal suggestions about who would be a good clinician to provide help. A lot of what you write is stuff I experienced with my son, who is gifted and was also diagnosed with ADHD. Please know the psychologist who tested him did not wish to diagnose AD/HD (gifted kids can compensate so well!) and referred him to a neuropsych for eval. I should have followed my instinct and just jumped to the neuropsych right away and saved that initial expense. A neuropsych can diagnose things other than AD/HD, in case some other type of learning disorder or executive functioning issue is present. What is important, is to seek diagnosis as soon as possible. This is all from my own experiences as a mother who did NOT want to pursue the AD/HD path but wishes I would have done so earlier. Doing it as soon as possible, then treating it properly, can alleviate so many problems caused by the child's behaviors, within the family and outside the family. Has a parent or relative been diagnosed with AD/HD? That could be a clue that possibly your child has it as well. Hope this helps....