Hello, I am new to the group, so hopefully I am posting this in the right place. My child is in 3rd grade and identified as Gifted. He scored 138 on his IQ test in Kindergarten (and they did think he wouldn't even pass because Kindergartners don't have the life experience to usually pass an IQ test, so his IQ is probably even much higher than that) I am however having many problems with him. His intelligence is high but everything else seems to be below his age level. Not only do I have many problems with him at home, but in school he is suffering really bad. He can't remember to do things on his own, like turn in his homework, he is very disorganized, no matter how much the teachers require organization. He has meltdowns over nothing, he takes molehills and turns them into the Himalayas. He refuses to do classwork as well as homework, and if you try to force him, he goes into fits of rage. He is very slow at everything, getting ready for school, walking across a field, etc...he seems to have some serious problems that are not just general kid stuff. I have had people talk to him, but he is very well spoken, and he doesn't really tell the truth when they talk to him, and it ends there. He will tell someone that he does this because he doesn't want to stop playing his video games in his room, but he doesn't have video games in his room. They don't seem to see the issue, because they don't realize he is lying. At first I thought he was lying for that reason, tell them what they want to hear and they will leave him alone.. but now I'm wondering if he is lying because he doesn't know why he does the things he does, and just comes up with an excuse. I reached out to his school for help, and they completely shot me down, they said they have nothing at the school to help him and that I am his mother and if I can't get him to do his homework what did I expect them to do. I am at a complete loss. I give him consequences and he doesn't seem to care, I take things away and he doesn't seem to care. The school keeps sending notes home, that he's not doing this, or that, but won't do anything to help me. Everyone that I speak with outside of the school, seem to understand what I am telling them, and tell me that they hear it's common for gifted children to have this uneven development, to have these emotional problems, and other issues- you would think that if other people have heard this then the school (that is equipped with counselors and a psychologist) would expect these issues from some gifted children, and have a way to handle it, work around it, or understand it. He is in the gifted program which in his elementary school is only 1 class, and it's his gifted teacher that I get the most complaints from. Does anybody else experience these issues and have an advice?