Congratulations!

We are really enjoying the change to homeschool here. My son says we should have done it sooner. I have one DS6. He struggles mightily with transitions and I didn't want to be the one getting him to shift into a new activity. He also needs me to mostly stay out of his way for learning so much of this is independent work for him. After a few weeks, I developed this schedule for us.

It has three parts to our day. I always begin with a more favored activity and end the block with FREE TIME. I made sure HE would end the free time by placing it just before a meal or snack. When he is hungry then play time ends. Short chunks work for us. School has been damaging so we have some work to find normal again.

MORNING

* Brain Pop Video and Quiz (we have been doing Science/Health/Social Studies)

* BREAKFAST

* HWT: Handwriting Without Tears Practice

* IXL: We've been working through the 3rd grade math and LA standards. When he gets stuck, I jump in.

FREE PLAY until LUNCH

MID-DAY

* Art/Music/Library/Therapy (We do a different one each day)

* Language Arts: We just got the Michael Clay Thompson materials yesterday and they are truly fabulous

EXERCISE: We often swim, bike, go to the park

SNACK-TIME

AFTERNOON

* Reading or Audio Book

* Bible

FREE-TIME until Dinner

Some days we play too late, run errands, or get wrapped up in a project and part three gets pushed to bedtime. Sometimes he works ahead and gets multiple assignments done for the week and leaves extra free time. That's always his choice. As long as he does the work, I don't mind.