So it looks like "we're" failing most of our classes this semester - all for zeros, not for lack of knowledge. I've worked with the school to pull our son out of his elective and have him meet with a resource teacher that period to help him keep his assignments organized and turned in, and I'm hoping this helps. But before he gets to high school next year, we've got to find some better helps that he can control without someone else having to intervene.

He takes an iPad to class, takes excellent notes, has an excellent grasp of the material, and he does his work. He just loses it, forgets to turn it in even if it is in his backpack or forgets to email it to the teacher if he did it on his iPad. The teachers in 8th grade are not at all willing to prompt him - despite this being part of his IEP - and say that even when they prompt him outside in the hall or at the beginning of class, he still forgets. I am not surprised - he forgets verbal directions in the time it takes him to get to the top of the stairs.

For any of you dealing with memory processing issues, do you have any suggestions for what has worked for you?