DS7 has never been a talker. He doesn't have any speech issues. He just is not really interested in conversation. A year or so ago, when he started refusing to go to school, I really pushed him to talk to me. It never really worked, so I eased off.

He continues to refuse to go to school. I know why (bored to tears) and we are in the middle of having him assessed for a grade skip and 2E issues. I am also noticing that he is exhibiting odd behavior for him (ex. not wanting to touch his grandmother's sweater when she hands it to him or screaming his head off when he has unknowingly stumbled upon a timed game on mathplayground.com). Up until last year, when school got uber boring, this child was always intense about his passions but dealt with adversity very well - everything seemed to roll off his back. (And thank g-d, he's had a pretty smooth and stable life so far with minimal adversity.)

So, I've been trying to talk to him. He. Will. Not. Talk.

I've tried all the methods that google has given me. Nothing works. Does anyone have any method that works to get a kid to talk about what he is experiencing? I'm all ears!