mayasmom, was she tested for a gifted program or curiosity re giftedness, or was she tested because there were academic or other concerns? Her scores across the board are very strong except for VSI, so unless you have reason to be concerned about something I wouldn't be concerned. OTOH, I'd watch something:

Originally Posted by mayasmom
Our dd definitely exhibits signs of perfectionism, and the lower VSI might help explain the large frustration she has with some tasks (she has never been one to build large elaborate objects, she likes legos but only if she is following directions, not to freely create; handwriting and drawing both cause frustration as well.)

These skills which are her weaker (relatively weaker) areas are related and it appears to be what you are seeing in the dip in subtest scores under VSI. Since you mention that she's frustrated with tasks such as handwriting and drawing I'd watch and see if it seems to be normal frustration as time goes by. If your gut feels like it's something more, I'd follow up on it. When our 2e ds was 5, we never would have guessed he had a disability because he was so strong everywhere else - we just thought the things he got frustrated over or didn't perform well on were due to perfectionism. If there is a challenge or issue, it's better to know early.

polarbear