It looks like her scores are pretty solidly consistent, except for the VSI. Do you have subtest scores for each of the subtests, and were they also relatively consistent, or did you see a 17s-19s here and there among lower subtest scores?

I'm not familiar *at all* with the WPPSI-IV - could you let us know what subtests go into the VSI calc other than block design? And what her subtest scores were on those tests? I'll take a wild guess that VSI stands for Visual Spatial? But that's just a guess.

My only other thought is she's 5 - she's still young and that might have influenced test results (in addition to wondering about what others have mentioned re WPPSI scores coming in lower than expected). Did the tester give you any feedback on how she handled the testing or what order subtests were given in? I wonder if there's any chance her lower score (VSI) is due to the time it was administered in relation to the other subtests?

Why were you surprised by the PSI score? And by the "lower than expected" VCI? Really her VCI is quite high - and it's not technically all that low relative to FRI.

Sorry that I don't know more about the WPPSI-IV and that I had more questions than answers! Maybe my questions will help you think through the scores. Hopefully someone else who has experience with the WPPSI-IV will chime in.

Best wishes,

polarbear