I agree with that advice, CFK, with the caveat that an underchallenged girl may not act out or be miserable, yet she may still not be getting what she needs. (Boys can do this, too, and girls can act out, but I think the teacher-pleasing child who learns to underachieve to keep adults happy is a problem more specific to girls.) The irreversibility of the decision is troubling, too. That's a lot of pressure.

I wouldn't recommend skipping based on what you've told us, since it looks like your DD's needs are being met in ways other than a skip. But I don't necessarily subscribe to the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy of HG+ education. HG+ kids are really good at covering up problems, especially by age 10. I think you have to be looking for little things, not necessarily giant signs of misery. Change is scary, and that fear may unfairly color her response to her school situation. Feelings are an important factor, but they're not the end of the story. I think you have to decide based on what the child's true needs are, not judge solely by how they feel. That misses a lot.

Kriston