Do you mind if I'm cynical? They didn't say WHAT they would be doing really. Just that they were planning on and talking about doing. It also is cautionary to me that they "would try not to introduce much new content". So how will this help him? Is that how they teach there... try not to introduce anything new? Those words are often code for "enrichment" or doing MORE of the same boring work. Doesn't sound like he is learning if there is no new content. They also did not mention a begin date in what you've shared.

My experience was that my son was placed in the grade above with a new teacher who had just transferred out of teaching gifted because of course she would be phenomenal! I'm thrilled she is no longer in gifted education because it boggles my mind how 3wks of day and night drill and kill in single digit +/- would be appropriate for a child who had shown his complete mastery of that on their testing only a few months before. She openly said my child would never show he was gifted in her class. So my lesson there is that adding the tag "gifted" to a teacher doesn't guarantee anything about his or her fitness to teach such children.

I hope I am way off base and your gifted person sees his abilities and gets him in to some appropriate content.