Originally Posted by ruazkaz
The issue we have is that even though the school has "allowed" him to do this last year and this year, he is not getting recognition for what he has done thus could potentially have to repeat the material but I have documented enough to hopefully avoid that.

The school has recently suggested that we move to Novanet after this quarter of EPGY finishes at the end of November as he will be able to "test-out" of material he has mastered. At this stage, not sure what will happen but we will see. I have no experience with Novanet but it does not look bad...

Hi, ruazkaz,
I'm just wondering what part of NC you're in. We're in the Triangle area and have been at private schools where they are kind of letting DD work on material we are now bringing in (AoPS for now)--but I don't know whether she'll end up getting credit for it either. I was hoping that a school might let her test out and take appropriate courses, but that does seem like a long shot. From what you're saying, too, it sounds like they're only willing to let your DS test ahead if he takes Novanet?? That seems odd, but maybe it aligns better with their curriculum?