My son was not being challenged in school so I signed him up for IXL in 2nd grade and asked him to spend 45 minutes on it most days after school. He wound up going through all of the exercises over the next two years up through eighth grade so after many many meetings we convinced the school to let him work on EPGY during the regular math period beginning in fourth grade. EPGY is advanced so we repeated 5th/6th, Pre Algebra and Honors Algebra in fourth grade. He just began EPGY Intermediate Algebra and is in fifth grade. The issue we have is that even though the school has "allowed" him to do this last year and this year, he is not getting recognition for what he has done thus could potentially have to repeat the material but I have documented enough to hopefully avoid that.

The school has recently suggested that we move to Novanet after this quarter of EPGY finishes at the end of November as he will be able to "test-out" of material he has mastered. At this stage, not sure what will happen but we will see. I have no experience with Novanet but it does not look bad...

The point of the above is that if you are supplementing their learning you will quickly wind up many many grades ahead. I am not suggesting not to do this but realize what is ahead. My son did Singapore Math also - it is more challenging than what we were doing locally in NC, especially the later grades.