I am doing independent study thru the school district, but I purchased the Singapore Math 2A/2B which was stated to be equivalent of our (us) 3rd grade... to supplement DS6 2nd grade enVision Math book (pearson)- which is far below his math academic level & he has basically already completed.

I returned the Singapore because it was b/w, small font, basically showed concept- had some limited drills, and then moved on.

DS6 could already do all of 2A and most of 2B. I would have purchased the 3A/3B but it was no longer available at this store. I may buy it thru Amazon- better price.

In meantime, I was able to acquire the enVision 3rd grade math workbook, which he is currently working on and it starts out slowly but I am telling him it is good review, and I did pick up a Sylvan Learning 3rd grade Math- it is colorful, fun, and just presented in a completely different way than rote drilling etc

DS considers it to be more fun & games vs actual math- though it is math. More for fun- but actually is teaching - DS does khan academy and timez attacks...

An older DD learned a lot with Harcourt in early elementary, and then SAXON math begin I think around pre-algebra and on up, which many find too repetitive... boring. DD did as well and her teacher allowed her to just do approx. 5 problems from any given set, and then move on. This flexibility worked well for her and she continued with math thru HS calculus & physics...

Last edited by cc6; 09/04/13 11:48 AM.

One can never consent to creep when
one feels an impulse to soar!
~Helen Keller