I should clarify on the accommodations - if a student needs extra breaks to check blood sugar or needs extra time for a serious motor skill disability (knew a kid with a degenerative muscle issue), then I have no problem with that. If the kid gets extra time because they have an ADD diagnosis but they already can score 2000+ without that accommodation - then I have a problem with that.

Speed figures into a lot of things later in life. My eldest knows a kid who wants to be a surgeon. This kid had a valid reason for extra time (and still was probably not 90th percentile, even with it), but there are just some professions and colleges that are not suitable for someone who needs extra time.

No one gives my kids extra time to run to first base, because they are physically able to run there - it is just that they aren't that fast. Speed and agility class has helped them, just as SAT prep/practice might help a kid with test speed issues. We all have our limits and we need to recognize those limits. It can get to be a gray area as to which kid should qualify for accommodations, but there are some cases where it seems to provide an unfair advantage - especially since the SAT & ACT test scores are not flagged, so colleges don't know which kid benefited from extra time.