Airing out our "dirty laundry" here.

My husband and I have a bit of a disagreement going on right now concerning a book my son has. It's an old Children's Almanac that for the most part DH is "on board" with, but there's some topics that he thinks our son (6) shouldn't be exposed to: e.g. "When can I get a girl pregnant?"; "Is my penis too small?".

(eek)

We have only touched upon how babies in humans form and I understand my husband's reluctance to have the "birds and bees" convo this early, but if our DS is old enough to ask the question, isn't he old enough to hear the answer?

Since we have a policy of, "The 'no' carries the most weight." in our marriage, my son's Almanac is now stored in our closet. (...in the closet...sigh...)

What did you do when your child could ask questions at an early age that you were not prepared to answer?

Another example would be from a county fair we attended. There was a booth that displayed pictures of developing babies, but was really all about abortion.

Perhaps I'm a negligent mom of a gifted child, but my son doesn't know what abortion is.

I was so glad when he didn't ask any questions about that booth!