I agree that having consultants to advise you on the quality of a preschool may be specific to NYC, but there are posts about some wonderful schools out there.

People post about HG high schools that their kids attend. It sounds terrific though I do not know where that is. Toronto has an incredible school that starts in 6th grade but just one school and the G&T is spotty before that. Hence, why we moved back to NYC (and DH was not ready to move to Canada yet).

But, like I have posted about my AGATE participation, the K process is a nightmare in NYC despite 200 K spots for gifted children each year, in accelerated programs. They are using OLSAT and HG+ don't always do well on OLSAT. They do not take anything else, they do not look at IEPs, it is strictly scores.

Options are good when you have the options. Though better than no options.

And, returning to topic, if we lost out head teacher, who will probably move on soon (she is slowly finishing a doctorate and wondering next steps) then the program would be much different.

Like any posts here, sometimes you get the right teacher, sometimes you don't despite a good program. No teacher trained in Montessori should keep a child on a task they have mastered. That is not Montessori. And that is not how DD's class is run and her head teacher could be a Montessori cult member, she loves the Montessori method.

Ren