Originally Posted by Mana
Have you tried DreamBox Learning? It's highly addictive but otherwise great for mathy kids. When you sign up for a trial, set her grade as K, not preschool that way she can test into her level. We did this with DD a few months ago and it was very useful in assessing where she was in her numeracy skills.

I have not tried DreamBox. We did sign up for ABCmouse.com but she doesn't like it - except for the various art activities which she thinks are fun. She says the rest is boring (and she was doing level 6-K), and I have to agree with her. I'll check out DreamBox; thanks.

The Montessori school, in "camp" setup, has no montessori materials out, only puzzles and lots of different artsy and crafty materials and projects related to the theme for the week. It's clear she is bored, but the other kids seem happy and like this stuff.... We're told she spends a lot of the day reading, although she does do some of the projects. For outside time she spends ALL of it writing with sidewalk chalk (writing is the driving thing for her right now). My gut tells me that when the school year starts and the academic stuff comes out she'll be much happier.