Oh, I've been known to do all of those things and more, actually. I'm just too stubborn to know when to quit. blush I do believe that my undergrad P-chem prof actually SAID that in a letter of recommendation, to tell the truth.

I was quite proud when I managed the initial tension problems associated with switching from throwing with my right to Continental knitting with the yarn in my left. This shift was driven by a a burning desire to make stranded projects and by the lust for a particular broken-rib 1X1 pattern. In sport weight. No way is my natural lifespan long enough to do that any way BUT with picking. LOL.

Again, though, I would knit a row, and pull out my knitting. Cast on, knit a set-up row English, and then switch the yarn to the left, and knit a row, then pull it all out again... rinse, repeat. My tension was SO tight that I couldn't possibly knit any more than the one row. :sigh:

I also enjoy problems that seem unsolvable. It... er.. fires my resolve, so to speak. Someone else mentioned solution keys being incorrect as being positive for themselves-- I agree. smile

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.