i'm not sure this applies to anyone beyond my peculiar self, but i'm 100% self-taught in my field. everything i've ever learned for work has been on an as-required basis, and when clients are (frequently) perplexed by how i have built a business out of literally nothing, all i've got is this:

how hard can it be?

in my twenties, i did have a hard time picking a field - since everything from medicine to law to science to art was fascinating, but once i got too old to flail around anymore, i just settled into something that stuck. if i had to switch right now and take up something new, i'd be nothing but excited - and if it weren't for the mortgage, i probably would do just that!

i know it's a weird way to live, but i thank my lucky stars every day for this approach, since it's really given me the confidence to push myself to the point of failure: i guess because i feel like i don't have to know everything... yet.

and ha - without it this approach, i'd never have been able to cope with my kid (or even had her, for that matter!) smile

Every Sunday it brooded and lay on the floor. Inconveniently close to the drawing-room door.