Vision therapy could potentially help you. It addresses those issues of distance, space, etc. It involves re-wiring the brain. The results can be dramatic. But the results don't necessarily happen overnight and vt is not necessarily a magic cure always either. It's not always 'fun' either. Ds didn't always care for the exercises because it was forcing him to alter his reality and sense of perception.

My son's former behavioral optometrist in NY treats adults as well as children (http://www.amazon.com/Seeing-Through-New-Eyes-Developmental/dp/1843108003). He sees a range of adults too from business leaders who needed to focus when delivering a speech to autistic adults or those with visual deficits such as the ones you've described. If you Google his name, you'll come across his articles on vision therapy. He had a long distance program at one point. Not sure if he still does.

When my son initially started vt at 4 years old (he was born with visual perceptual deficits), our son's behavioral optometrist had us (both DH and me) try the glasses and exercises. Over the 2.5 years of vt, he'd also have us try the ambient glasses, prism yoked glasses, and other devices so we could grasp what he was trying to to do and how vision therapy worked.

I didn't need much convincing, though, because I saw some results as soon as the behavioral optometrist put a pair of ambient glasses on him. The results were incredible. Without them, he couldn't catch a whiffle ball on a string. With them, he could. The other results, however, took a long time.