Irena I doubt that there is a researched connection between dysgraphia or dyspraxia and EDS but I am pretty sure that there certainly is a connection. There is a definite cross over with neurological quirks in EDS and I am pretty sure every one of us wiht a child who has a connective tissue disorder on this board also has a child with a handwriting problem.

My eldest seems to have had less trouble learning handwriting, but that may have been that her literacy skills were so delayed that she was older before anyone expected her to output any sort of reasonable handwriting (because she had nothing to write). On the other hand she has co-ordination issues bordering on developmental co-ordination disorder / dyspraxia.

My second child I am quite certain would have ended up with a (physical/mechanical) dysgraphia diagnosis eventually had I not intervened with her handwriting at the time I did. I do not believe she actually is dysgraphic but a scenario was unfolding between her physical hand problems and her attention issues from ADD that was going nowhere good. This one (according to the OT) has neurological integration in line with her DYS IQ, which is the only reason she can do any of the things she can do with her floppy body.

My youngest is too young to know (she's definitely hypermobile and low tone, but too young for handwriting). She certainly falls over a lot, despite being apparently advanced in gross and fine motor skills.

All my children have gut issues, the youngest and eldest most severe. I think my eldest may be developing dysautonomia.