Hi Debbie,

I'm going to play devil's advocate here - who is doing the

[quote] Meanwhile, DS is getting LOTS of enrichment and appropriate level stuff at home. And we will be commuting an hour each way every saturday morning for 8 weeks so he can attend a class at the CTD near Chicago. [-quote]

?

It sounds like that is enough academic for now. You may even find that with trips to the library, your son might develop into a self-directed learner! Whouldn't that be nice? Next year you can try bricks and morter school again. Can you find a neighbor mom to keep him during the school hours or a local homeschooler who you could pay to keep him during the day?

Even if he just ends up reading most of most days, it's far superior to being slammed in school.

My advice is to not worry about next year - a lot can change between now and then, just find a good something for this year. Think about life 100 years age, 200, 500 - ideas about what children should do all day have changed quite a bit.

another thing to think about: how much choice do you want your son to have? I always reassured DS that DH and I would make the final choice, but that I wanted him to know the process, to hear the alternatives, and to hear from him what his hopes and concerns would be about each alternative.

Remember - compared to what he's learning in school, how many minutes of your time would it take to replace that?

Take your time, relax
Love and More Love,
Trin

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com