My DD8 (second grade) sounds similar but is not functioning as well as yours. She was diagnosed with dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia and math disability (aka dyscalculia). The neuropsych labeled her "NLD-ish" saying that even though she doesn't meet the diagnostic criteria for NLD "its a useful diagnostic concept." He did label her with ADHD Inattentive (putting her attention skills below the 1st percentile!) but DH and I wholeheartedly reject that one - we are convinced he measured her being shut down from anxiety rather than her lack of attention. She tends to "play" with things when doing tasks related to her area of disability i.e. finger a rock or the trim on a blanket while reading, but has laser focus on just about everything else.

She has 56 points difference between her verbal IQ number and her processing speed number. That is almost 4 standard deviations. It is HUGE and will impact just about everything in her life. There was recently a thread here somewhere that included a link to a very sobering article that discussed not only the impact in school but also in life. It is very, very tough. In my DD's case that is coupled with 40 points difference between her Verbal IQ and Visual Perception and almost non-existant working memory. We met this morning with the former Director of Special Services who was so helpful to us last year before moving to a neighboring district. He said these kinds of spreads in numbers are almost unheard of. "I wouldn't have the table space here to plot out how unusual this profile is." One in many thousands - can't even determine the percentage.

Our neuropsych also used terms like "complex profile" and said "DD is one of those that really makes you think..." In our case it has become clear that a public school situation just can not work. The district has spent a ton of money and provided a lot of services but it's just too complicated. I doubt they could limit her IEP to just math services if she has also been diagnosed with dyslexia. We started with a relatively simple IEP with 5 day a week pull out for reading in first grade. Her IEP is now so complicated they literally can't fit everything in it - the program they use doesn't allow for enough space or pages for all the services and accommodations to be listed. You are headed in the right direction but I am guessing you are only starting down the path. Getting the initial IEP can be the hardest part. From here you will be fine tuning as you learn more about what she needs.