So we are finally getting somewhere with our older dd's (3rd grader) school and she may actually qualify for an IEP now. They have a new psychologist who clearly knows his stuff, compared to the one they had last year who was not at all helpful.

We met yesterday to look over all her testing she has had done and one thing the psychologist kept noticing was her weakness when it came to processing speed tasks, cognitive efficiency, and cognitive fluency. She was also extremely low in receptive language (CELF). She has already privately been diagnosed with dyslexia and dyspraxia. When I google weak processing speed I come up with ADD/ADHD but she exhibits no symptoms of ADD/ADHD. She isn't a daydreamer and she isn't hyperactive.

If she does qualify for an IEP it will be for math. I'm just wondering if she does end up getting an IEP what the LD might be. Would it just be a specific LD in math? For the moment she is hanging on when it comes to reading and writing but processing speed affects other academics besides just math. I would hate to limit her support services to just math when perhaps the processing speed could have a negative impact in other areas.

Is there even a learning disability for slow processing speed?

Last edited by mountainmom2011; 05/29/13 08:02 AM.