If they question the psych again "because we don't know her" request that the school provide an independent evaluation with a psych they do know and trust. If they continue to state there is a concern with gaps, request curriculum-specific achievement (such as end-of-year) testing to identify the gaps.

I have mixed feelings about the "can't do it because other parents would want to." Chances are good there are other students out there who would also be capable and benefit from math acceleration... and chances are the school simply can't handle it all due to staffing constraints, time, etc. Those of us who are here are parenting kids who are total outliers for the most part, but the reality is school isn't a good fit for many kids with even average IQs... and most of our school districts are having to stretch budgets that just won't stretch any further. So there's one side of me that understands that concern on the part of school staff. The flip side of course is you need to advocate for what your child needs - so I've found the most on-point argument for the 'we can't do that for you because we'd have to do that for other parents" line is to reply "We're not here to talk about all those other kids (parents), we're here to discuss the needs of my child." Then continue on smile

ITA with DeeDee too - find out what the official in-writing policy for acceleration is in your school district.

Good luck!

polarbear