They test all K kids for baseline skills in the first couple of weeks and redo class assignments based on that, so there is little point asking for a particular teacher. I am told they do pay some attention to what kids come in with due to the odd demographics. They are not totally unused to seeing K and 1 kids with high abilities. However, most magnet sibs do NOT go to K and 1 at the school. Believe it or not, I don't think there IS a GT coordinator, I guess because they have FT GT teachers.

It may all be better than I think it will. There is some reason for optimism due to the presence of the magnet in the older grades. There are a lot of gifted kids hanging around this school! However, not nearly as many little ones.

The principal is in an unusual situation due to the fact that the gen ed school serves a disadvantaged population but then she has this smaller magnet within the school. TBH, I don't know how concerned she will be about the needs of a well-behaved HG kindergartener from a stable home. I don't particularly blame her, but it puts us at a disadvantage. The school is also quite large.

The GT coordinator also ended up doing pullouts with my DS, but that was their idea after I offered to pay for online math.

Which one were you going to pay for? This is something I am happy to put on the table for them.