Originally Posted by MumOfThree
Ok coding 5! When all those scores are so high that is quite a big red flag!
I was part of that thread when it got going --and am still trying to get to the bottom of things. One thing that I recall coming up on the thread which was quite interesting was the fact that so many of the Code 5 Club had convergence insufficiency.

For his PSI to be 123 with coding 5 the other PSI subtest (symbol search?) must have been high, making coding his only weak point in the whole test (??).

Cancellation was substituted for coding --I just threw it out there because it was so low.

(Edited: numbers removed)

I'd be looking for a visual motor issue myself... And introducing an iPod or similar for time and task management.

Yes, I agree that it seems like something along those lines would be the way to go. I tried a watch with a timer, but... err... he has to remember to set it and use it and all of that. When I get the energy to start training again, I guess that's what we'll deal with next.

That auditory attention line in red must have a typo, 97 is not the 3rd percentile? But all those others that are low (in assuming you only shared the low stuff) seem more visual or visual/motor than auditory? I don't know that much about the WJ Cog though.

I'm so glad you pointed that out. I knew that didn't look right, but I just didn't 'see' that. So, I wonder where it would fall.

I agree with you on the visual/motor issue. I've seen that since his first IQ battery. However, an auditory component seems to keep popping up when they try to narrow things down. The thing I see at home is that he sometimes confuses similar sounding words. This happens a lot more when he's not used to the person's speech, and when there is a lot of background noise.

Thanks for your input.