Thank you for all the replies. I've been doing a LOT of reading and thinking in that past 24 hours. I was just truly so surprised at how low her verbal score was as well as the wide range. Then I read on a diff post on this site about how NV scores indicate visual-spacial learners, and also how many G&T programs put much less emphasis on NV vs Q and V. Which all got me to thinking...

When my DD reads aloud to me, she reads too fast, skips words, replaces words with incorrect words. She assumes she knows what it says without *really* reading it. Prior to these scores, I didn't think much about it. I thought she was only doing it when reading aloud because she was trying to read more fluidly, emotively and perhaps even impress me a little bit. wink (They did a whole "readers theater" workshop in her class. Awesome!) Also, nothing has come home from her (excellent) teacher indicating concern. Her reading level is a P (4th gr). Teacher did say at conference however that I should be working on identifying the "authors message" with her at home though.

So... now I'm wondering if she's doing this while she's reading to herself. Is that why she missing the authors point? And is that why that score was so low? And... if her gift is visual spacial, how can I use that gift to help her in other areas?