Well, I'm paraphrasing smile She did NOT test her, but reiterated at midyear that, " You may remember that I did an informal investigation to check her reading fluency and comprehension skill level. In September, she was beyond what we would expect of a student entering kindergarten, but not at a level that demonstrated need two to three years above grade level." She then said we were welcome to get outside testing "But, please note, test scores by themselves cannot identify a student".

Based on some inquiries I had before we chose this school, AIG teacher contacted us prior to start of school, asking for some materials demonstrating DD's abilities. I sent in a couple of short videos with reading and math. Greek myths, Harry Potter, adding fractions and subtraction with borrowing. She said it sounded like she was a great candidate and she'd meet with her.

First day of school here is staggered entry for K'ers. They go one day that first week, and classes are picked at the end of that week. AIG teacher met with her on staggered entry day. Confirmed with us at end of week that DD was a great candidate and she would be doing further testing within the next two weeks and get with us.

Never heard from her again that semester, despite emails to her asking. Follow up in January saying that, since August hadn't worked, I wanted to formally nominate. Which is when I got back the bit about how she'd met with DD that first day. She said that DD couldn't do her letter sounds or even all of the lowercase letters, and that was an issue.

It was also a blatant lie, and NOT what she had told us on that other day. There was another child in the class who had been nominated by her parents; I heard the AIG teacher explain to those parents that their DD didn't qualify. I don't know if she got confused, or what happened, honestly.

I don't know. Maybe I'm completely delusional, but it just doesn't feel like it. And the teacher happily confirms that she's hugely advanced, but also confirms that she can't/won't do much for her.

I don't mind advocacy taking time, but I'm worried I've already waited too long, and she's *so* frustrated. I'm tempted to fight for a school switch, but she'd be getting what she gets now.