Oh and speaking about clean your plate , growing up , my mom always told me to clean my plate or else my rice will cry ( i grew up in southeast asia ) . And so i learned to always finish my plate . But my mom wouldn't pile a ton of food in my plate to begin with . I learned to just have little food on my plate to start with and if i still wanted more then i could get more . So we were always taught to finish our plate . We don't waste food that easily because not everybody is lucky enough to have food everyday on their table . Appreciate what you have , and if you think you can't or don't like the food then we don't just pile a bunch of them , give it a try so that you don't waste your food .
Most problem with the obesity in US , maybe they do overeat , but imo , it's most likely because of their choices of food , sugary drinks , processed food , junk food , those don't help to keep you in shape ! And if they do have problem being overweight well then get up and start working out . It needs to start from themselves , nobody else can make them wanting to be in shape if they don't want to .

It is terrible seeing how much food in the US people are wasting , throwing food just for fun for games etc . Yet so many families just within our country are having problems to put food on their table . Ironic .