Hi Trinity

It's refreshing to talk to others who have sons around the same age as mine. I've noticed a greater percentage of the posts on this board are about boys. Hmm, I wonder why?

I checked out the links you mentioned above. I had heard of overexcitabilities in gifted children before, but had never studied it much. I also did a general search for SID on Google. I found some thoughtful information from SENG. Was your son displaying oversensitivities other than tags or touching? What types of behavior would he display when the sensory problems would arrise? Would he just refuse to do a task, or would he get more physical when the frustrations rose to level of intolerance? I found it interesting in reading about SID that many professionals confuse SID with ADD or ADHD. I once had a teacher insinuate our son showed symptoms of ADHD. Have you had anyone who didn't know your son well make the same insinuations?

When my daughter was one or two years old she would refuse to let me put on her shoes on her if the lines going across the toes of her socks were the least bit twisted. She still insists her socks are perfectly straight before she puts her shoes on. Actually, she prefers to wear sandals so she doesn't have to bother with socks at all!!!

Take Care,
Jonette