Thanks for the review of CTS's online AP course, Val. Unfortunately, I've heard numerous complaints about AP courses lately, both online and B&M. What I hear from friends in the schools: The classes aren't so intellectually challenging as they are time-management-challenging. IE loads and loads of homework. In classrooms, teachers present the material as easily digestible power point slides with little mind expanding discussion. I'm suspecting many if not most of the AP courses are basically just test-prep vehicles, and the emphasis on memorizing testable facts is the nature of the beast. A beast we've all helped to create with our desires to give our kids a leg up and get ahead of the game. When choosing a history course for our kids, maybe we are forced to choose between depth and quality or potential college credit -- if we're lucky and have these choices. Considering how expensive college is these days, it's a darn difficult choice, and it feels unfair. However, considering what standardized test graders are paid and the amount of time they spend on each test, I'm not sure we'll see any major changes -- at least not without a significant cost attached. And there we get into some tricky business --- but my mother taught me that ladies don't discuss economics wink I have some great cookie recipes, though!

Kitty