Grinity, it's still better than where he was. I still help out every Friday in his old K class. I didn't want to leave his teacher high and dry without a Friday helper. Anyway, I am still in there talking about how we Hear with our Ears and that the letter H says, "hhh", etc. They are still counting objects (up to 25 now!)

His teacher now is very good with him but there is still a LOT of repetition and he ends up tuning out. I am worried that he will get in the habit of tuning out all the time and miss the few new things that do come along.

DD was always engaged in class and eager to share her knowledge (even if it was a repeat.) DS doesn't seem to care as much about sharing his knowledge during class. But he has been taking it upon himself to do extra work, like a page of multiplication facts. She told him he should practice his 2s and 5s (because they keep coming out backwards) and he came home and made a worksheet for himself. He drew boxes with a ruler and wrote numbers (frontwards!) in the boxes. He was very proud of his work.

Hmmmm....I think I will talk to her and ask her to suggest other projects to him....

Just talking about this stuff gives me ideas smile