I need help with school!
Since 1st grade my son was tested and noted for "gifted and talented"
But I could see severe difficulties in his executive functioning and memory, not to mention behavior difficulties, easily moody and upset by unexpected events, etc. and after much testing this past year, finally had diagnosis of severe combined type ADHD and PDD/Aspergers.
His WISC-IV scoring for Verbal was 126 (96% percentile) but anything related to working memory, planning, and spatial or visual tests were low, for example working memory was 97 (42 percentile!) Our testing said he had disorder of written expression (came in somewhere around a 3rd grade level) and significant visual/spatial issues.
However, his verbal and math scores, i.e. achievement scores (WJ-III)(forgive my lack of proper terminology, am new to this) were all high in 96-99 percentile,except written expression 6 percentile:

CLUSTER/Test RAW GE EASY to DIFF RPI PR SS(68% BAND)

BROAD READING - 10.1 8.5 11.7 100/90 97 129 (127-132)
BROAD MATH - 9.4 6.9 12.9 99/90 99 135 (131-138)
BROAD WRITTEN LANG - 4.6 3.3 6.3 88/90 46 98 (95-101)
BASIC READING SKILLS - 11.1 8.1 15.5 100/90 96 126 (122-129)
MATH CALC SKILLS - 8.2 5.9 11.9 98/90 97 129 (124-134)
BASIC WRITING SKILLS - 11.7 8.6 13.6 100/90 97 128 (125-132)
WRITTEN EXPRESSION - 2.3 1.6 3.4 53/90 6 76 (72-81)

He continues to have behavior problems in school, can't relate to children, acts inappropriately, won't do work in school because he is bored and it's "babywork"; after multiple issues in gen education classroom, and after our testing revealed the Aspergers/PDD he was put in an asperger's class (public school) this year. Only it doesn't seem to be asperger's class, or he doesn't fit the mold. He has been much worse this year, can' stand the class, the kids are more like HFA then asperger's; their idea of helping with the written disorder is to give them very low-level writing work, while at home he's reading epigenetics, and other above grade level.

But now the behavior's have exacerbated, by his continual lack of appropriate social skills and interaction with adults. I've been trying to tell them, and through multiple reports that if he is challenged and lerning interesting stuff he isn't getting into trouble, but it seems they will not put GT/LD as an option because of recent behaviors (punching walls, saying he isn't going to the stupid class anymore etc.) if he hadn't had an IEP, likely would have been suspended, but instead, I was called to pick him up almost every day for a month! and I am STRUGGLING!

Pulled him out of school, and put him on home and hospital teaching, but I don't know where to turn, or even what is the right placement!! Placements addressing behavior/asperger's don't address his academic/intelligence needs and vice versa.

Any other parents out there? Would really welcome thoughts.