thx mum!
I meant to say "speech and language assessment" for my DS6. He has no real "speech" issues himself,
maybe a lil bit artic with the "th"? but DS has excellent receptive and expressive language, he also can sing an has near perfect pitch,

he has pragmatic issues, mainly in the areas of self advocacy, which I have been told is also an age thing,

but also in more typical social situations ie approaching a group of kids and saying hi- he will do this much, kids will usually welcome him into whatever they are doing, and he is fine as long as not much "talking" is needed- he doesn't always stay on topic or get when another kid isn't interested in what he is saying, and he also complains most boys his age are babyish in what they want to talk about, my son wants to discuss new inventions and ways to save the planet or whatever, though geez he is also way into scooby doo and spongebob also...

but DS loves to have fun, and is fun, and ppl tend to gravitate towards him so he doesn't have too much of a problem making "friends" wherever he goes, still, I'm not sure he'd be able to sustain early friendships on his own...

He's young enough that I have to be involved in the whole playdates thingy... So parents still do a lot of the initiating at 6 with boys I am finding... Also as said above, boys are more about moving than talking,
compared with girls who definitely are more socially talking even at 6!

Girls can be tough! ((I have an older dtr so I know!!)
*have you tried DD in clubs with just regular kids? Whatever her interests are etc?

oh- my DS likes the idea of being different. He actually doesn't want to be like every other kid he see's. He thinks that is boring...

One can never consent to creep when
one feels an impulse to soar!
~Helen Keller