Well, let's see.

The companies that publish the tests have certain proprietary rights, so that an assessor cannot, for example, show you the test questions and answer sheets.

What actually goes in the report ends up being a balance between the assessor's professional judgement and what the school district requires. Some assessors will tailor their report, or choose which instruments to use or not use, based on the concerns that are raised in the request for evaluation. For example, if a speech and language assessment has been requested, you might skip certain sections of the academic assessment that cover the same ground.

Subtests scores are part of the report, but different assessors like to report different information. For example, some school psychs like to put confidence intervals after the subtest and summary scores. Others don't want to explain what confidence intervals are and introduce unnecessary confusion with technical statistical information, so they don't bother.

I like to see a discussion of behavioral observations. They might say that the student was on-task and engaged the whole time. They might say that the student got stuck on repeating a joke they heard on TV during a timed portion of the test. I think I actually wrote in one that the student walked over to the piano and played "Heart and Soul" when they had a break!

One thing I love to see in a cognitive report is the school psych's statement that the IQ score either is or is not, in the assessor's professional judgement, a good summary of the student's cognitive potential. For example, if there's a big difference in subtest scores, the school psych may say that one of them is the best approximation of cognitive potential instead of the composite score.

I like to see some kind of interpretation of the subtest scores. And I like to see some kind of practical recommendations based on those scores. For example, a teacher might try various approaches to give a student with a low processing speed score extra wait time in class.

But all reports are not created equal, that's for sure!