Ok I may be WAY out of line here; if I am I apologize upfront, and please ignore my comments. At my sons school there is a gifted boy who is obviously gifted. All the teachers know and so does the student. He has no problem expressing this. He is also a bit of a show off, and can be a bit of a know it all. He is also outspoken and has a parent that is very involved in directing his education. Don’t get me wrong the boy is a good kid, he is just 14 and he needs to mature a little. I guess what I am trying to say is that if one person has a view of something, it could be biased and have little merit, however if many people share the same view there could be merit to what they say. That being said I am sure they all could deal with things in a more professional way; however I would not dismiss this out of hand and see it as that this is just gifted bias. Again it might be, I am not there, and it’s just been my experience that when a group starts to see things there may be something to it.