I'd definitely report it to the CDE, especially since you already talked to the principal before the fact and this bungled test was the result. You trusted her to take care of it once. That failed, so I don't think you trust her fix it after the fact. She had her chance. And I do think it's important enough to report.

CCing the principal seems kindly of you, but it does make it clear to her that you're the one who reported it. If that's okay with you, then no problem. It sort of depends upon the relationship you have with the pricipal and how you think she'd receive your reporting it. If your name would be attached to anything she's going to see, then I'd definitely CC her, and maybe even call ahead of sending the message to tell her what you're doing and why. You don't want to seem to be ambushing her.

Fingers crossed that Mrs. H didn't blow it so badly that you can't use the scores. If that happens, I think I'd raise a BIG stink! You need that test, and if the school blows it for your daughter through incompetence and lack of attention to an obvious problem, then I think they have to make it right for your daughter.

But what do I know?

Kriston