Epoh, the teachers are not scolding him or anything over it. They see having him make the corrections as the daily practice you mentioned. There are other indicators including family history that are making the further assessment a good idea.

Polarbear, he does complain about hand pain. His grip is so tight that his little fingers turn white from the pressure. Using colored pencils results in many breaks because of him pushing so hard. He has OT which covers doing HWT but it mainly covers sensory, balance and coordination issues. Like I said earlier a dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia and dyscalculia combo would not shock me at all.

We have not talked to him about dyslexia or any other struggle because we wanted a diagnosis first. When and if he is diagnosed, we have successful 2e family members he can go to for support in addition to reading the stories you mentioned. I like those stories too.

Kai, we are considering homeschooling. I have met several mothers of older 2e kids in my area and they all say they wish they had homeschooled the early years.